Credit cards with Frequent Flier Miles Rewards are great for people who usually travel. In this article, we present tips on how you can get more from your travel reward credit card.
1. Make use of bonuses. Some travel reward cards award instant bonuses after you enroll and after reaching a certain amount of purchases. Take advantage of these privileges by checking the terms and conditions.
2. Pay utility bills with your credit card. Another way to earn more points is to use your Frequent Flier credit card to pay your monthly utilities such as electricity, cable, gas, telephone, internet, etc. Just make sure that you can pay off your credit card charges with cash right away to avoid paying interest and other penalty fees.
3. Patronize affiliates. Flying with the airline that sponsors your travel rewards credit card will give you the chance to get bigger points. Some Frequent Flier Miles credit cards are also affiliated with hotels and car rental companies. If you book your accommodation with an affiliate hotel and choose an affiliate car rental company, you will likely get even more points from your expenses.
4. Maintain a good credit score. If you have a good credit score, you can get approved for the best reward credit card in the market. Good credit provides you with the opportunity to enjoy a lower interest rate. An issuer will most likely give in to your request for a low rate if you have an impressive credit standing.
5. Avoid carrying a balance. The best way to use your Frequent Flier Miles credit card or any reward credit card is to pay off your monthly balance in full at all times. This way, you won’t have to incur additional interest rate fees. It’s important to remember that credit cards with rewards typically have more expensive rates than non-rewards credit cards, so you must avoid the fees as much as you can.
6. Redeem rewards on time. See to it that you can redeem your rewards before your points expire. Some travel reward credit cards impose expiration dates on the points you earned so you need to be aware of the rules. Watch out for blackout dates as well. If you fail to redeem your points on time, you may end up losing all the points in your account.
7. Exchange miles points for cash. Does your Frequent Flier Miles reward credit card allow you to exchange your miles points for other types of rewards such as cash, gift certificate, merchandise or as available credit on your account? If yes, see to it that you will be able to exchange your points on time if you do not want to take the free flight.
8. Plan your purchases. If you plan the kinds of purchases you’ll charge to your Frequent Flier Miles reward credit card, you will be able to rack up points very easily. For instance, if you need to buy a gadget, appliance, or furniture for your home, you can use your travel rewards credit card to get more points. Just make sure that you will be able to pay your charges on time to avoid getting into trouble.