Secured Credit Cards | Business Credit Cards | FREECredit Repair Guide | Low Interest Credit Cards | Debt Consolidation Companies | Bad Credit Personal Loans| Personal Finance Forum | Car Loans - Bad Credit Approved | Unsecured Credit Cards For Bad Credit
Student Credit Card Programs
Here are card issuers that offer affordable student credit cards. These programs are specifically-designed to meet the needs and financial capabilities of a majority of college students, nowadays.
Some of the requirements for these credit card programs, particularly the amount of past credit, are quite lax. However, if you have fair or poor credit standing then, we suggest you check out our Guaranteed Approval Credit Cards or one of our Bad Credit Unsecured Credit Cards. These prepaid and unsecured card accounts are especially designed for jumpstarting and rebuilding your credit history. That's because the issuers of such programs submit timely reports of consumer activities to the three major credit reporting agencies.
If you wish to build your credit profile and you need an unsecured credit card that carries a high spending limit then, it is highly-recommended that you apply for one of our merchandise credit cards. They come with huge credit limits (usually as much as $7500). Issuers of these card programs will report your transactions to the credit bureaus to assist you in building what most banks call "comparable credit". This way, you can improve yoru chances of qualifying for huge loans or lines of credit, later on.
Limited to no credit
Horizon Gold - Popular
*See Terms & Conditions for Details
At least 4 tradelines Fair Credit
Bad Credit / Re-build Credit
- Pre-qualify for a card today and it will not impact your credit score
- All credit histories considered
- Mobile account access at any time
- Fraud protection for stolen or lost cards
- Prequalify for a card today and it will not impact your credit score
- Less than perfect credit is okay
- Mobile account access at any time
- Protection from fraud if your card is stolen *Dependent on credit worthiness
Secured Credit Cards
- No Credit History or Minimum Credit Score Required for Approval
- Monthly Reporting to all 3 Major Credit Bureaus to Establish Credit History
- Credit Line Secured by Your Fully-Refundable Deposit of $200 -- $2,000 Submitted with Application *See Card Terms.
Advertiser Disclosure: See the online credit card applications for details
about terms and conditions of credit card offers. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all
credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the “Apply Now " button you can review the credit
card terms and conditions on the credit card issuer's web site.
- Sign up for a student credit card. Keep in mind that you cannot jumpstart your credit profile unless you're willing to apply for and manage a credit account. So, as early as today, we encourage you to get a student credit card and use it for building your credit history.
- Ensure credit monitoring and reporting. Look for card issuers that submit monthly reports of your credit and payment activities to the three major bureaus - TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. That way, the time and effort you will invest in building your credit history will not be in vain.
- Use your student credit card, as often as you can, by charging your usual expenses and purchases on it. Just remember not to go overboard with your credit card transactions. Otherwise, you might be incurring a huge debt that you might soon find hard to pay back.
- Submit on-time payments of your monthly bills. After all, this is the best way to build and maintain a solid credit profile and thus improve your financial prospects.
- Settle your bills in full. Keep in mind that carrying balance from one month to the next can cause your interest charges to balloon out and soon get way out of hand. Hence, to avoid such problem, you should resolve to submit, not just on-time, but also complete payments to your card issuer, on a monthly basis.
- Look for a co-signer, especially for those who are below 21 years old. Approach a creditworthy individual such as your guardian or parent and ask them to co-sign your application for a student credit card. By doing so, you can improve your chances of receiving immediate approval on your application for a card account.
- Consider taking out a student credit card with rewards. This is a program you can eventually qualify for if you can consistently submit on-time and complete payments of your bills for at most 12 months. This way, you can look forward to receiving special perks and incentives that will surely suit your lifestyle.
- Bad Credit - Click Here for credit card offers for people with bad credit
- Good Credit - Click Here for credit card offers for people with good credit
- Pre-paid Debit Cards for guaranteed approval credit cards